A managed service provider, or MSP, provides IT services for your business. It’s an outsourced IT department. The services provided by an MSP take a different approach to managing your computers, devices, and networks than you might be used to: active monitoring and preventative maintenance, rather than passive DIY and reactive fixes.
To understand the difference, think about your car. When there’s a strange noise or funny light on the dash, you bring it to a mechanic. If you’re lucky, it’s a quick fix and low expense, but occasionally, it’s something serious and can cost hundreds, or thousands, of dollars. By taking your car in for regular maintenance, every 5- or 10- thousand miles, you can mitigate the risk of a major expense. A trained professional performs not just an oil change, but a multi-point safety check and alerts you to possible future issues, many of which are common as things wear on your vehicle: the brake pads are getting thin, your tire tread is getting low, a brake light is burnt out. These issues could cost as little as a traffic ticket or as much as a major collision if left unresolved.
Now, imagine that when you’re not in your car, your mechanic shows up, runs a safety check, and performs all necessary maintenance for you… every day.
That’s what an MSP does, but for your computers and office technology.
When you partner with ZBL as your managed service provider, here are just some of the things we’ll do to make sure you don’t have to worry.
- Monitoring all of your computers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so that we will often learn about and resolve an issue before you even find out about it.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance to make sure everything is running in optimal conditions, all the time.
- Keep all of your software up to date, so you never miss an important patch or feature.
- Install, administer, and maintain anti virus or endpoint protection software to help safeguard your office, and your data.
- Administer your Office365 or G-Suite mailboxes, with active virus scanning before it reaches your inbox.
- Monitor your backups daily to ensure you can recover quickly if disaster strikes.
- Answer the phone when you call. Have a problem with a program on your computer? We’ll either solve it ourselves, or contact support for you – so you don’t have to.
In addition to our standard packages of managed services, we also offer hourly consulting rates to help address whatever IT or technology challenges you might be facing; network design and administration; data protection and policy enforcement; and comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
And what’s more? We do this at a cost that makes sense. Need to know more? Get in touch and just ask.